1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner will be decided by a random, computer-generated selection from the correct entries received during the promotion period. Decisions of the promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, 4th Floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AD.
14. Prize draw is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, who are 21 years of age or older and have the required Visa or Visa Waiver documentation in place to allow travel to the United States.
15. Employees of BACARDI-MARTINI B.V. ("Bacardi"), Expedia, Inc (“Prize Provider”). and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, as well as any employees of any company active in the alcoholic beverage sector are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Prize draw is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws.
16. On or about 21 October 2014, Promoter will select the potential Grand Prize winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period running from October 3 to October 20.
GRAND PRIZES (one available):
17. A trip for winner and one (1) guest to the Bacardi Triangle event scheduled to take place in Puerto Rico on 31 October – 02 November 2014. Trip includes roundtrip air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from the nearest airport to winner’s residence in the United Kingdom to San Juan, Puerto Rico, hotel accommodations and tickets for winner and guest to attend the Bacardi Triangle festival scheduled to take place on 31 October – 02 November 2014. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV) of each Grand Prize trip: £3084 per person. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
18. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Promoter or prize will be forfeited and Promoter will have no further obligation to such winner.
19. Bacardi reserves right to change dates.
20. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and will be solely responsible for obtaining any/all applicable passports, visas and inoculations necessary for travel. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 21) and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents.
21. Travel must be made through Bacardi’s agent, on a carrier of Bacardi’s choice.
22. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by Bacardi.
23. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize.
24. In the event Bacardi are unable to provide tickets or admission to any Bacardi Triangle festivity, compensation or substitution will be provided at the sole discretion of the Prize Provider The remainder of prize package will be awarded and Promoter and Bacardi will have no further obligation to winner. Prizes are awarded “as is”, without warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Promoter. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, but Prize Provider reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value.
25. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, provincial, municipal, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and all other costs and expenses, including without limitation luggage fees, additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities and incidentals, associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
26. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, each winner authorizes Prize Provider and Bacardi to make the corresponding deduction.
27. All prize details are at Prize Provider’s sole discretion.
25. Promoter’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Prize draw.
26. Potential winner(s) will be notified by email and will be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Promoter, which must be returned within three (3) days of the date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Promoter to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Promoter’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
27. By participating, each participant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Prize Provider and its designees, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Prize draw; (b) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Bacardi and Expedia, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, members, franchisees and licensees, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant’s participation in the Prize draw or any Prize draw-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto); and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph, Entry, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by the Promoter and Prize Provider, and their designees, without compensation or notification to, or permission or review of, the participant or any third party, and to execute specific consent to such use is requested by Promoter to do so. By participating, participant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Prize draw without the prior consent of the Prize Provider, which either may withhold in its sole discretion.
28. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries), or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Prize draw, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Prize draw, the processing or review of Entries, tweets, re-tweets, hashtags and direct messages, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Prize draw-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Prize draw. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Prize draw or downloading materials from or use of websites. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Prize draw or websites, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Promoter, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Prize draw be, in Promoter’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Prize draw (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken.
LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES:
29. By entering, each participant understands that the Promoter and Prize Provider are not acquiring participant’s copyright in and to his or her Entry, but Promoter and Prize Provider are being granted a perpetual, worldwide, fully paid-up and royalty free right and license to use and share solely the information provided as the entrant’s “Music Hotspot”. in whole or part, in any media now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, all Promoter’s affiliated digital and social media channels.
1. No purchase necessary.