Founded in 1464 and rebuilt for Queen Isabella in 1503, this church near the Retiro was particularly favoured by the Spanish monarchs, and used for state ceremonies, including the religious ceremony for the crowning of King Juan Carlos. Most of the original building was destroyed during the Napoleonic Wars, and the present church is largely a reconstruction that was undertaken between 1848 and 1883. The cloister was incorporated into the nearby Prado Museum as part of its expansion project.
|Venue name:||San Jerónimo el Real|
|Opening hours:||Sep-Jun: Mon-Sat 10am-1pm, 5pm-8.30pm; Sun 9.30am-2.30pm, 5pm-8.30pm. Jul-Aug Mon-Sat 10am-1pm, 6pm-8.30pm; Sun 9.30am-1.30pm, 6pm-8.30pm|
|Transport:||Banco de España (M: L2)|