There are just 11 days until the 2020 presidential election and it’s all hands on deck. Even the former president is getting involved! Barack Obama, who’s been on the road campaigning for Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris, is touching down in Miami on Saturday, October 24.
The Biden/Harris team shared the news in a press release, reports Local 10. Though no additional information has been released, we can say he’ll be here on behalf of both candidates, presumably holding some sort of public engagement similar to the drive-in rally he held in Philadelphia this past week. According to the Sun Sentinal, President Obama is, in fact, holding a drive-in rally only they’ve reported it will be in North Miami. (Stay tuned while we clear this up!)
Something we can certainly expect from a presidential visit? Traffic! Brace for the same kind of roadblocks and traffic jams that ensued when President Trump was in Miami for his town hall last week. So, we’re doling out the same advice as we did then: sign up for Miami Beach traffic alert, lest you want to be trapped in your car on Saturday.
More on Time Out
– Here’s how you can win free stuff in Wynwood all month long
– FYI: It’s technically illegal to take a selfie with your ballot in Florida
– Where to find the best Election Day specials in Miami
– These Miami hotels are renting out their rooms as private offices for the day
– This 176-foot-tall ferris wheel is finally ready to open in Downtown Miami