TikTok might have a bit of a rep for its slick dance moves and mind-boggling trick shot compilations, but did you know it’s also a source of serious travel inspo? TikTok’s travel influencers – or ‘TravelTokers’, as they’re called – boast tips for everything from niche natural wonders to packing suitcases. Trust us, TravelTok is a rabbit hole you can get lost down for hours.
But which travel destinations are the most popular on TikTok at the mo? Well, luggage storage company Bounce has sifted through the data to find out. Bounce looked at 140 cities around the world and ranked them based on the total number of times they’d been viewed on TikTok.
Top of Bounce’s study is Dubai, which has a whopping 81.8 billion TikTok views. Glitzy and luxurious, Dubai is just as suited to beach pics as it is for shots of its mega-high skyscrapers. It’s no wonder the city has proven so popular on the platform.
According to Bounce, here are the top 10 most popular tourist destinations on TikTok, along with the number of views.
- Dubai, UAE (81.8 billion views)
- New York City, USA (59.5 billion)
- London, UK (36.8 billion)
- Istanbul, Turkey (34 billion)
- Paris, France (33 billion)
- Miami, USA (24.6 billion)
- Los Angeles, USA (20.8 billion)
- Chicago, USA (17.9 billion)
- Toronto, Canada (17.1 billion)
- Madrid, Spain (16 billion)
Interested in finding out more? You can read Bounce’s study for yourself here.
Did you see that these are the world’s most accessible city break destinations?