Yes, this week you get the chance to sing “Tambo liteh sette mo-jah—hey, jambo jambo!” at the top of your lungs (while your buddy looks up karamu and liming on his smartphone). The Commodores singer with a voice like silk made of rose petals comes to town on a tour called—wait for it—All the Hits, All Night Long. Meaning that your every Richie sing-along wish will be granted. Wow.
Were you to ask how Vampire Weekend went from being a bunch of dewy college grads with an art project to a globally tantalizing concern in less time than it takes to raise a small child, we would reply, simply: tunes. At this big hometown show, you’ll hear from all three gorgeous, brainy Vamps albums, the latest of which is Modern Vampires of the City.
Karen O & Co. celebrate their tenth anniversary this week with a show in the band’s borough of origin—back in ye olden days when Williamsburg was but a village with just one coffee shoppe. Now toasting their fourth album, Mosquito, Yeah Yeah Yeahs still put on a crazy, exhilarating live show.
You might also like
- Neko Case concert photos: Live at Radio City Music Hall
- Andrew Bird interview: ‘The Handsome Family is in a rare category of songwriters’
- Virgin Mobile Freefest 2013: Our favorite photos (slide show)
- Five things you need to know about FKA twigs
- Made in America Festival 2013: Our 100 favorite photos (slide show)