This Roman arena, where wild beasts and gladiators fought, could seat 10,000 people. It was still visible during the reign of Philippe-Auguste in the 12th century, then disappeared under rubble. The site was rediscovered in 1869 and now incorporates a romantically planted garden. These days, it attracts skateboarders, footballers and boules players.
|Venue name:||Arènes de Lutèce|
Rue Monge, rue de Navarre ou rue des Arènes
|Opening hours:||Open Summer 9am-9.30pm daily. Winter 8am-5.30pm daily|