A former sanctuary for pilgrims en route to Compostela, this much-mauled church dates from the late 12th century, on the cusp of Romanesque and Gothic, and has capitals richly decorated with vines, acanthus leaves and winged harpies. Once part of a priory, it became the university church when colleges migrated to the Left Bank, and was the site of riotous university assemblies. Since 1889, it has been used by the Greek Orthodox Church.
|Venue name:||Eglise St-Julien-le-Pauvre|
|Opening hours:||9.30am-1pm, 3-6.30pm daily|