Distillery No. 209 has a long and boozy history in the Bay Area. It was originally founded by William Scheffler on the grounds of a St. Helena winery in 1882. (209 was the license number given to him by the federal government.) In 2003, the distillery relocated to Pier 50 in San Francisco, which is rumored to be the birthplace of the gin martini. Under the watch of master distiller Arne Hillesland, the gin is distilled five times in a 1,000-gallon copper pot still and flavored with dozens of herbs, roots, berries and spices. The brand is known for its unusual infusions, like gin aged in sauvignon blanc, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon barrels from Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries.
|Venue name:||Distillery No. 209||Contact:|
401 Terry Francois Blvd
Pier 40, Shed B
|Opening hours:||Mon-Fri 9am-5pm|