In case you live under a rock and haven't heard yet: A Sex and the City 10-episode revival is officially in the works at HBO Max and the world has gone crazy (in a good way!) about the news.
Just last night, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon posted a surprise teaser trailer of the upcoming half-hour episodes on Instagram. Called And Just Like That..., the series is set to kick off production in New York City this spring and will be executive-produced by the three stars and Michael Patrick King, who directed, wrote and produced the original run of the show alongside the two feature films that followed it.
Folks around the country took to social media to express their excitement about the revival but also lament the clear absence of one of the four main characters from the news and the teaser. According to Variety, Kim Cattrall, who played Samantha Jones on 93 original episodes and two films, will not be returning to this particular set. We can't help but wonder... why are you doing this to us Kim?
Check out the teaser trailer right here and, below, some of the most hilarious Twitter reactions to the announcement:
gossip girl and sex and the city coming back at the same time ............ apocalypse incoming— hunter harris (@hunteryharris) January 11, 2021
“I couldn’t help but wonder... What’s the point in reviving Sex and the City without Samantha?”... pic.twitter.com/16UD77IBMK— John 🏳️🌈 (@JConUK) January 11, 2021
ideas for how they’ll write Samantha out of the Sex and the City reboot:— Betches (@betchesluvthis) January 10, 2021
- she was having a sex weekend on a billionaire’s yacht and the boat sank
- she went to Denmark to hook up with the architect and was never heard from again
- she died doing what she loved, having an orgasm
The fact that CNN is not breaking in with the Sex and the City revival news is frankly un-American— Randy Rainbow (@RandyRainbow) January 11, 2021
Sex and the City without Samantha is just “The city”— Gifty (@wollegairaa) January 11, 2021
Will I watch the Sex and the City reboot? Most likely. Will I be happy about it? Of course not— veronica silverado (@krajuicy) January 11, 2021
how can they reboot sex and the city when every character on that show would have left nyc.— Ivan Arguello (@ivanajokealot) January 11, 2021
Sex and the city reboot with the 3 most annoying characters on the show and no Samantha?? No thank you but I’ll still be watching.— ℛ. (@MUGLERMUSES) January 11, 2021
Most popular on Time Out
- Every single national park will be offering free entry on these 6 days in 2021
- A new Picasso exhibit is heading to a single U.S. city from Paris next month
- This map highlights the most popular new year's resolution in each state
- Emotional support animals are currently banned from boarding these airlines
- 8 castles in the U.S. that will make you feel like you're in Bridgerton