If you're a little fatigued by the weekly get-togethers of A-listers singing for a good cause (not that we have anything against a good cause!), Houseparty's first foray into live events might just be the anecdote you're looking for. The viral app which allows you to virtually hang with friends, is throwing a three-day festival this weekend featuring celebs like Miguel, 2 Chainz, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, Katy Perry, Keegan-Michael Key, Idina Menzel and so, so many more.
What makes In the House unique is that while some celebs will sing on camera (Katy Perry will perform her to-be-released-on-Friday song "Daisies"), the majority of them will not. Instead you'll get a front-row seat to watch Bad Bunny cook, Neil Patrick Harris do magic and Alicia Keys workout. There will be 40 unique performances over the course of three days. You can also use the app's new co-viewing feature to create a private viewing party for just you and your friends so you can see your BFF's reaction when Cam Newton or Terry Crews comes on.
Usually, in the Houseparty app, once a live video has begun it can’t be replayed but in this case each of the “In the House” shows will re-air exactly 12 hours after the original livestream.
Most popular on Time Out
- Brace yourselves for the return of the drive-in movie theater
- US-based airlines will resume operating international flights as early as next month
- You can send a free pint of ice cream to anyone you want to right now
- Online party games to play remotely with friends
- You can play Cards Against Humanity online for free