To all the Elizabeths out there: Elizabeth City in North Carolina is looking for you.
In fact, a new promotion aptly dubbed "Calling All Elizabeths" is currently offering all those sharing the city's name a whole lot of discounts related to local dining endeavors, accommodations and activities.
“We wanted a fun and exciting way to celebrate our town and invite travelers to experience this hidden gem of the South," Corrina Ruffiuex, the executive director of Visit Elizabeth City, said in an official statement. "Elizabeth is the fifth most popular name in the United States, so we hope to have quite a few Elizabeths answer the call and enjoy the sights and sounds of our inviting waterfront community."
Specifically, the deal, which runs through December 30 of this year, includes 15% discounts at local hotels Hampton Inn and Pepperberry Inn, half-priced private sailing or rowing lessons with River City Community Sailing, 10$ discounts at the Museum of the Albemarle's gift shop and more.
But discounts aren't the only reason to head to this Southern town. From a pretty cool Downtown waterfront market and park to Port Discover, an interactive science museum geared towards kids, there are a slew of really fun things to do around here whether traveling alone or with your family.
You can read more about the deal right here.
Most popular on Time Out
- This map highlights the most popular Thanksgiving sides in each state
- Arkansas is paying people $10,000 to move there
- This map highlights the risk of catching COVID-19 in every single county in the United States
- Here's how to get your hands on a giant Christmas tree made up of 130 bottles of Jameson whiskey
- The 14 best ski resorts and ski towns in the USA