Folks who don't have a Netflix subscription will be delighted to know that the streaming platform has opted to make ten of its most critically acclaimed TV shows and films available for free to all starting now.
Click here to watch the free offerings but beware that iOS browsers are not supported.
Here is a list of all the exciting content for you to enjoy gratis:
- Stranger Things (episode 1)
- Murder Mystery
- Elite (episode 1)
- The Boss Baby: Back in Business (episode 1)
- Bird Box
- When they See Us (episode 1)
- Love is Blind (episode 1)
- The Two Popes
- Our Planet (episode 1)
- Grace and Frankie (episode 1)
The roster of entertainment options is a pretty solid one: Stranger Things enjoys a devoted fanbase that revels in the nostalgic feelings evoked by the series, set in the '80s. Love is Blind, on the other hand, quickly became a quarantine staple and proof that Netflix holds its own in the reality TV show category (season two is in the works!) while Two Popes—which chronicles the friendship between Pope Benedict XVI and the future Pope Francis—was even nominated for a slew of Academy Awards.
The ploy is clearly Netflix's way to lure in new subscribers as other networks the likes of HBO and NBC have launched their own streaming platforms, offering both original and syndicated content. In case the gimmick does work on you (but, really, why don't you have a Netflix subscription yet?), here is everything new that's hitting the platform this month.
Most popular on Time Out
- Funny things to ask Siri that will provoke uncontrollable laughter
- Online trivia games to play remotely
- Online party games to play remotely with friends
- The creepiest ghost towns in America you can actually visit
- United, Delta and American Airlines will no longer charge change fees