Picture this: 4,567-square-feet of space filled with endless amounts of cheese sliders, juicy hamburgers, chicken-and-waffle treats, veggie burgers and much more. Although it might sound like a dream, prepare yourself for that exact scenario to become a reality as the biggest White Castle in the whole wide world gears up to open in Florida in 2021.
The size of the endeavor isn't the only exciting part about the news. There actually hasn't been a White Castle presence in Florida in 52 years, a fact that led residents to start a Facebook page called Bring White Castle to Florida back in 2010. Today, the page has over 10,000 members that clearly influenced the company's decision to finally set up shop in the area once again.
The new location will be in Orlando, right off of I-4 near Disney World, and it will feature two drive-through lanes, both indoor and outdoor seating and will bring along the added benefit of 120 new jobs necessary to complete the project. The best part? The eatery will be open 24/7, seven days a week.
A representative of the chain also noted that diners should expect a more modern look from the space than what they're used to, specifically calling out a "sleek, modern industrial-style architectural design" still boasting White Castle's "iconic tower."
Although the new destination will likely not open until next year, you should rejoice at the fact that groundbreaking has been scheduled to occur on November 19. See you all in Florida, folks.
Most popular on Time Out
- This map highlights the most popular Thanksgiving sides in each state
- Awesome Twitter reactions to President-Elect Joe Biden's victory speech
- The 15 coolest neighborhoods in the United States
- Apparently, a lot of people are currently listening to NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye" and Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A."
- A new study suggests you're not the only one planning to move since you can work from home