We are already laughing: Deadline reports that Barack and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground Productions is working alongside truTV comedian Adam Conover on a new Netflix sketch comedy series exploring President Donald Trump's ascension to the White House.
The outlet reports that the new series, titled The G World With Adam Conover, will be "mixed with documentary elements" and is loosely inspired by The Fifth Risk, Michael Lewis' best-selling book. Back in 2018, the former occupants of the White House acquired the rights to the work through their then newly-established production company.
Although neither Netflix nor the Obamas have commented on the direct relationship between the show and the current President of the United States, book site Goodreads explains that The Fifth Risk examines "the Trump administration's botched presidential transition."
More specifically, Vanity Fair reports that the book that the series will be based on "covers the historic chaos and mismanagement that occurred in the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, and Energy during the handoff between the administrations."
Conover himself took to Twitter to announce the news:
Although we're sure Trump will comment on the announcement before the show actually airs, we'll have to wait a bit to see what it the series will really be about: production isn't set to kick off until 2021.
Most popular on Time Out
- Excellent news: Quarantine-free flights between the U.S. and Italy are almost upon us
- Costa Rica is giving away 15 free trips for two—here's how to get in on the action
- This company will pay you $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- These are the 15 most expensive zip codes in all of the United States
- 13 food ornaments that belong on your Christmas tree