Summer holidays in London
Keep the kids entertained all summer long with our fail-safe ideas for things to do over the school holidays
- Top 10 outdoor activities
- Make time for a visit to the museum
- Family films this summer
- Half-price tickets to Thorpe Park
- Scream if you wanna go faster!
Six weeks is a long time to keep anyone entertained, let alone your toughest critics. Don't panic, though, we've got this year's school summer holidays sorted. Let the younger ones run wild at the zoo, send your teens to swot up at a museum or sit back and relax with a film for all the family.
More inspiration for the school holidays
Not all of London's fun is found inside. Here are the ten best outside events for children this summer.
Here are our recommendations for theatre that will suit the very little ones, the nearly big ones, and the grown ups.
Keep the little ones quiet at your local cinema. Find the best new movie releases for kids in the capital here.
For great food, great entertainment and all-round great family fun, head to one of the capital's festivals.
- Secret Cinema: The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Silent Disco at The View from The Shard
- The Alternative London Tour
- Vikings: Life and Legend
- Mind Maps: Stories from Psychology
- Dale Chihuly: Beyond the Object
- London Super Comic Convention
- Gingerline: The Hideout
- Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story