50 best things to do this summer with NYC Kids
Mon Jun 27 2011
Kayaking on the Hudson
21. Kayak on the Hudson River Through October, kids can paddle on the Hudson for free, courtesy of the Downtown Boathouse.
22. Visit City Island You don't have to travel farther than the Bronx for a quaint, New England--like escape. Treat kids to a cone at Lickety Split Ice Cream.
23. Gulp down an icy drink One sip of Astor Bake Shop's gingerade or a Perry St mocktail will refresh your brood on a hot day.
24. Take a spin on a carousel There may be no such thing as a free ride, but these merry-go-rounds come pretty close. Le Carrousel in Bryant Park is $2 per ride; the Carousel for All Children in Staten Island costs just $1.50.
25. Go mini golfing Take on the 18 holes at Pier 25 or play a physics-filled game at the New York Hall of Science—its nine-hole course boasts a view of two authentic NASA rockets.