50 best things to do this summer with NYC Kids
Mon Jun 27 2011
Children's Museum of Manhattan
26. Spend the day at one of our favorite museums Tons of kid-pleasing exhibits are on display this summer, featuring everything from Curious George and Harry Potter to the circus and Jim Henson's Muppets.
27. Take a boat ride Rent a paddle boat at the picturesque Clove Lake Park, hitch a ride on a New York Water Taxi or race through the water on a Hudson River speedboat aptly named The Beast.
28. Visit the zoos and aquarium With zoos in every borough and an expansive aquarium in Coney Island, city kids have plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with wildlife. Stop by the Sea Cliffs exhibit and say hello to orphaned northern sea otter Tazo at the New York Aquarium or visit with the Staten Island Zoo's newest resident, a baby Eurasian lynx.
29. Dine at a beer garden Believe it or not, several of the city's hops-heavy hangouts welcome kids. Grab a meal at Bohemian Hall, Beer Garden Franklin Park or one of our other faves.
30. Plan a (cheap) playdate Spend less effort and money on entertaining your tyke and her companions with tons of easy and inexpensive outings to such places as the New York Transit Museum and the Village Chess Shop.