Originally known as the Museum Amstelkring, this place is a well-kept secret. The main attraction is upstairs, and goes by the name: ‘Our Sweet Lord in the Attic’. Built in 1663, this attic church was used by Catholics during the 17th century, when they were banned from worshipping after the Alteration. The altarpiece features a painting by the noted 18th-century artist Jacob de Wit. Meanwhile, the beautifully preserved rooms on the lower floor offer a realistic glimpse of what life was like during the 17th century.
|Venue name:||Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder||Contact:|
Oudezijds Voorburgwal 40
|Opening hours:||Open 10am-5pm Mon-Sat; 1-5pm Sun.|
|Transport:||Tram 4, 9, 14, 16, 24, 25.|
|Price:||Admission €8; free-€4 reductions, MK.|