How do you mark the change of seasons when you live in a perpetual state of summer? You check your social calendar: An uptick in free events means it’s finally fall in Miami.
One worth penciling is the weekly Miami Design District Performance Series, which returns to Palm Court on October 5th. Every Friday, Grammy-winning musicians and big-name artists take the stage alongside the Miami Symphony Orchestra.
For the next 11 straight weeks you’ll have the opportunity to catch Luis Enrique (the salsa star behind 2009’s earworm “Yo No Se Mañana”), Thelma Houston (the disco queen responsible for ‘70s anthem “Don’t Leave Me This Way”) and Broadway legend Bernadette Peters (she’s been in Annie, Smash and more).
- October 5: Julian Marley & The Uprising
- October 12: Taylor Dayne
- October 19: Miami Symphony Orchestra
- October 26: Luis Enrique
- November 2: Nestor Torres with The Frost School of Music Jazz Ensemble
- November 9: El Micha
- November 16: Miami Symphony Orchestra and Bernadette Peters
- November 23: A Tribute to the Legends of the Miami Sound: Frankie Marcos & Clouds w/ Special Guest Carlos Oliva
- November 30: A Motown Salute with Thelma Houston
- December 7: ART BASEL: Emily Estefan
- December 14: Holiday Concert with the South Florida Youth Symphony
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.Share the story