Built in 1833, local folklore tells this might be the house in New Orleans that they called “The Rising Sun,” and that the ghost of the house’s former Madame still haunts the place. This Creole townhouse is located around the corner from the Ursuline Convent, the former owner of the land that the hotel now sits on. Since 1981, the hotel has been owned and run by the Campo family. For the cost-conscious traveler, the hotel offers three budget rooms.
|Venue name:||Hotel Villa Convento||Contact:|
616 Ursulines Ave
|Cross street:||between Royal and Chartres Sts|