Time Out says
Friendly warning! We're working hard to be accurate. But these are unusual times, so please check that venues remain open.
For those wanting to keep a posh setting but mingle in a less-touristy part of town, book a room at the recently reopened Pontchartrain Hotel on the grand St. Charles Avenue. The plush decor mixes classic and contemporary New Orleans. In the Caribbean Room restaurant, a portrait of New Orleans rapper, Lil’ Wayne, sits among a flurry of floral paintings. Built in 1907 with 106 rooms, the hotel had many famous visitors—Frank Sinatra, Rita Hayworth, Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams (who, rumor has it, wrote A Streetcar Named Desire while he was a guest at the hotel).
• Street car stops every 15 minutes right out our front door
• A kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator
• Continental breakfast is included for our guests
• 24 hour building security and concierge services
• Laundry facilities available on every floor – No charge washer and dryer
• Twice weekly linen and housekeeping services
• The Founder’s Room for meetings and special events
• Access to guest-only Cardio Club Room and 2nd Floor Outside Terrace - with BBQ pit
• Famous Bayou Bar located on the first floor – Great for WRAP parties!