Perfect for little wordsmiths, the Children's Museum of Manhattan's DIY, foldable card prompts little ones to write a whole bunch of sweet things for their favorite lady—their favorite memories with mom, her best characteristics and so on. Grab your copy online and get instructions online, too!
What you'll need:
- 8.5” x 11” paper
- Coloring tools: crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- Fold your paper in half lengthwise like a long rectangle. Then fold your rectangle into thirds. Fold the right side of your paper past the center of your rectangle. Do the same with the left side, folding it over the right side. You should now have a square.
- Draw the number 1 small on the bottom corner of the first page. Open up your card so two pages appear. Draw a small 2 in the bottom corner of the page on the left. Draw a small 3 in the bottom corner of the page on the right. Open up the card again so three pages appear. On the middle page, draw a small 4 in the bottom corner. On the right page, draw a small 5 in the bottom corner. Open up the book one more time so you have six boxes.
- Draw an “I” in the top left box.
- Draw a “♡” in the top middle box.
- Draw a “U” in the top right box.
- Draw an “M” in the bottom left box.
- Draw an “O” in the bottom middle box.
- Draw an “M” in the bottom right box.
- Color and personalize this page for your mom!
- Close up your card back to a square and fill out pages 1-5 using these suggestions for special messages. Make sure your designs are in the same direction as your number.