Marc Ribot isn’t exactly lacking in the big-name friends department, having worked with stars like Tom Waits, McCoy Tyner and Robert Plant over the course of a lengthy, eclectic career. But we’re sure the local six-string marvel is still plenty proud to be bringing his working trio with bassist Henry Grimes and drummer Chad Taylor to jazz temple the Village Vanguard for Mark’s debut run as band leader. The band knows its Albert Ayler cold, but expect a mix of improv, blues and originals in the set lists as well. Village Vanguard (212-255-4037, villagevanguard.com). June 26–July 1 at 9, 11pm. Enter below to win!
This contest has ended.
You might also like
- 2013 NYC Winter Jazzfest: Five sets not to miss
- SXSW: Interview with TONY Music Editor Mike Wolf
- Deerhoof’s Greg Saunier interview: ‘The edge where it’s gonna fall apart and be ruined keeps getting pushed’
- Steve Reich interview: "Who’s the best do-it-yourselfer in history if not Johann Sebastian Bach?"
- Bringing back the noise with Wolf Eyes and Hair Police