Early on, the Bad Plus turned heads by covering everything from Blondie to Black Sabbath. These days, the alt-jazz trio plays mostly originals onstage, but here pianist Ethan Iverson, bassist Reid Anderson and drummer Dave King take on Stravinsky’s modern-classical watershed The Rite of Spring. Germany’s chamber-music-gone-techno outfit Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble starts things off with its own brand of unpretentious highbrowism. Damrosch Park Bandshell (lcoutofdoors.org). Aug 2 at 7:30pm. Enter below to win!
This contest has ended.
You might also like
- 2013 NYC Winter Jazzfest: Five sets not to miss
- The best Halloween songs of all time
- Wild Flag interview: 'Music has been quiet and reserved and polite, and that's just not what we are'
- Jazz clubs in NYC: The five best bargain-priced options
- Enter to win two VIP passes to Dan Deacon + John Maus at Hudson River Park at Pier 84 on July 12