Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, one of Yokohama city’s most popular attractions, will temporarily close from May 9 until December 2022 for extensive renovations.
Built in the early 20th century, the port city’s two red brick buildings are home to shops, restaurants and bars, and are regularly used for exhibitions.
Despite the temporary closure, seasonal events will continue to be held at the large outdoor area between the two buildings including the popular Oktoberfest party in early autumn and the Christmas market in winter.
Here’s a list of the events that will go ahead at the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse this year:
- Curry & Music Japan, mid-July
- Red Brick Resort; end of July until end of August
- Yokohama Oktoberfest; end of September until mid-October
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Christmas Market; end of November until December 25
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Art Rink; mid-December until mid-February 2023
For more information, see Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse’s official website.
Want to be the first to know what’s cool in Tokyo? Sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates from Tokyo and Japan.