Getting your COVID-19 vaccine is already pretty sweet. Being rewarded with a post-poke doughnut? Even sweeter. Krispy Kreme is the first (and probably not the last) national fast food chain to offer up a freebie to those who have been vaccinated. Simply flash your vaccination card at any Krispy Kreme location across the U.S. for a gratis original glazed doughnut. No questions asked. The offer's good "anytime, any day, even every day—through the remainder of 2021."
"We all want to get COVID-19 behind us as fast as possible and we want to support everyone doing their part to make the country safe by getting vaccinated as soon as the vaccine is available to them," says Dave Skena, the brand's chief marketing officer.
On top of dishing out free treats, Krispy Kreme is offering its employees up to four hours of paid time off to get vaccinated, a logical benefit that other fast food giants should mirror.
Still waiting on your turn to get the vaccine? You're not totally S.O.L. You can swing by the Kreme on Mondays from March 29 through May 24 for a free original glazed doughnut and a medium coffee—no purchase necessary. That's nine free breakfasts if you play your cards right.
Most popular on Time Out
- These fancy French pudding snacks are my favorite lockdown discovery
- We must protect our cities’ Asian-owned restaurants at all costs
- All 13 cities where you can see an immersive Van Gogh exhibit this year
- 11 amazing women who changed the world in the last year
- All the Caribbean countries that are currently open for tourism