Popeyes is bringing on the heat. Apparently, the chain’s instant success with its spicy chicken sandwich has sparked a roll out of additional chili-spiked dishes. The company recently brought back its ghost pepper wings and in the latest reveal, participating restaurants are now selling a limited menu item: Wicked Shrimp.
While the popular chain may be best known for its fried chicken, there are plenty of fans that love all the other menu items—especially the seafood (here’s our ranking of all the sleeper hits).
The company won’t share the exact recipe, but the bite-sized Wicked Shrimp is marinated in an “authentic blend of herbs and spices,” including cayenne pepper and a few dashes of Sriracha. It’s then battered and fried until each crustacean is ensconced in a crispy coating. If the ghost pepper wings are any indication, however, don’t expect the Scoville scale to break.
Each order includes 14 pieces with one regular side, a biscuit and a Smoky Garlic Tartar sauce (it’s $5 at most locations). It’s also available to order through the Popeyes app for delivery if you’re not going to pick up an order in person. Maybe the next pro order at Popeyes is a surf-and-turf combo?
Most popular on Time Out
- This map highlights the most popular Thanksgiving sides in each state
- Awesome Twitter reactions to President-Elect Joe Biden's victory speech
- The 15 coolest neighborhoods in the United States
- Apparently, a lot of people are currently listening to NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye" and Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A."
- A new study suggests you're not the only one planning to move since you can work from home