There are plenty of ways to celebrate what's bound to be an untraditional Thanksgiving in 2020, including, apparently, throwing some crunchy beef tacos into the mix.
They who think outside the bun are also thinking outside the usual Thanksgiving fare: Taco Bell recently shared a recipe built for Friendsgiving and the holiday season, and it's easy to whip up whether you're by your lonesome, with some family or roommates, or virtually cooking along during a digital get-together.
The new crunchy taco shepherd's pie comes to us from the glorious brain of Taco Bell executive chef Rene Pisciotti, who'll have you stirring hot sauce packets into your cheesy mashed potatoes in no time. It's a massively fun take on the traditional dish of ground meat, vegetables and mashed potatoes, and gives you an excuse to make a run to the Bell—after all, you'll need to stop by one to pick up the crunchy tacos, which get layered into the casserole for a beefy surprise. (Maybe pick up some of those new Grande Stackers while you're at it?)
No matter how you're spending Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving or any other day this holiday season, maybe give this new recipe a shot—after all, we did, and now that we've put tacos into shepherd's pie our comfort-food cooking game might never be the same.
Most popular on Time Out
- The CDC is asking everyone to hold off on the spiked eggnog this holiday season
- 5 tips for traveling safely this holiday season
- Charcuterie chalets are the perfect symbol of 2020’s upside-down holiday season
- Not into winter? These awesome Airbnbs in warm places are calling your name
- This map highlights the most popular Thanksgiving sides in each state