We're delighted to report that Americans are actually planning on flying this Thanksgiving season. Of course, overall travel numbers are down compared to 2019 (industry predictions note a 75% dip in bookings) but, at least according to data from travel insurance and assistance company Allianz Partners, at least some people already have planned trips.
The company reviewed data surrounding outbound flights scheduled between November 21 and December 1 to come up with two separate top ten lists, one focusing on local destinations and another zeroing in on international ones (teaser: Mexico reigns supreme!).
Check out both lists below.
Top domestic destinations in 2020:
2. New York
3. Los Angeles
8. Fort Lauderdale
10. Las Vegas
Top international destinations in 2020:
1. Cancun, Mexico
2. San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico
3. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4. Oranjestad, Aruba
5. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
6. Santiago, Dominican Republic
7. Montego Bay, Jamaica
8. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
9. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
10. Havana, Cuba
Of course, safety practices have taken center stage in the travel realm. Although airline companies have introduced a slew of sanitation measures throughout the past few months, travelers are urged to constantly wear masks, practice social distancing and subject themselves to health checks before and during any trip.
Remember: there is a way to board a flight while still being safe.
Most popular on Time Out
- This map highlights the most popular Thanksgiving sides in each state
- You can now make an offer to buy President Donald Trump's personal helicopter
- The biggest White Castle in the world is landing in Florida and will be open 24/7
- Brace yourselves for the arrival of bubble concerts
- Colorado is asking people to choose its next state park: here is how