Fall Preview Critics’ Picks | Yet more Art events this fall
Don’t miss these fall happenings on the Chicago art and design scene.
By Franck Mercurio|
1. Danh Vo: “We the People” The Renaissance Society; Art Institute of Chicago Experience the Vietnamese-Danish artist’s installation of full-scale replicated sections of the Statue of Liberty at two venues. Opens Sept 23
2. Chicago Artists Month Various locations Hobnob with hundreds of Chicago artists at exhibitions, studio tours and art walks during this citywide celebration of local talent. Oct 1–31
3. EXPO Chicago Vernissage Navy Pier Chicago’s new international art fair offers an exclusive sneak peek, including first looks at site-specific installations by Maya Lin, Jaume Plensa and other renowned artists. Sept 19
4. Design Harvest Grand Ave between Damen Ave and Wood St Enjoy local food and live music while perusing the latest creations of Chicago-based furniture and product designers at this annual street festival. Sept 29 and 30
5. Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition Lincoln and Grant Parks Over 50 sculptors present large-scale works in this unprecedented juried exhibition cosponsored by the Chicago Park District and Chicago Sculpture International. Opens Oct 5