Fall Preview Critics’ Picks | Yet more Dance events this fall
With cooler weather comes new works from Chicago’s contemporary-dance scene.
1. Harvest Chicago Contemporary Dance Festival Ruth Page Center for the Arts Count ’em: 28 contemporary companies performing over three days equals one big blitz of a dance fest. Oct 5–7
2. The Seldoms Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago Armed with spatulas, Carrie Hanson’s dancers tackle the global warming epidemic in the artistic director’s latest piece. Oct 25–27
3. River North Dance Chicago Harris Theater Premieres from Adam Baruch, Nejla Yatkin, Lauri Stallings and Robert Battle highlight RivNo’s lineup of originals this fall. Nov 16, 17
4. Giordano Dance Chicago Harris Theater Marking its 50th anniversary, GDC’s Harris engagement includes never-before-seen works from choreographers Autumn Eckman and Christopher Huggins. Oct 26, 27
5. Dances to Songs I Hate Links Hall The title speaks for itself, but you’d be surprised how many ear-wrenching tunes yield inspired movement. Eight to ten dancers present short but ever-so-spunky sets at Links. Oct 29