Technology nowadays makes dating just a click or a swipe away. But a lot of people would rather meet someone in person and are hesitant to dive into the world of digital dating. Chicago is a huge city, and some local singles are limiting their options by staying off dating apps like Tinder. With that in mind, here are five reasons why Chicagoans should open their phones and start swiping.
1. It's incredibly easy: Chicagoans lead busy lives and a Tinder profile is super easy to set up. Unlike other dating sites, there's no need to take time out of your day to fill out lots of information. And because you can only message with people you match with, you eliminate unwanted messages, which can be time-consuming to sift through.
2. It's free: Chicago is an expensive city. After paying for rent, parking, utilities, groceries and nights out on the town, who wants to spend money on a monthly subscription for a dating site? Your money can be spent having another drink with your date instead.
3. It brings the scene to you: Let’s face it, attraction matters. Although Tinder sometimes gets a bad rap for being superficial, you approach people in person based on attraction too. Scoping someone out on the El or in line at your favorite coffee shop is kind of creepy. People go on Tinder for the sole purpose of checking people out, which dilutes the weirdo vibe.
4. You're less likely to get rejected: Life in Chicago is tough enough without being rejected by your crush. Tinder only connects you with people who have mutual interests, so it decreases the chance of you being shut down.
5. It'll make you reconsider suburbanites: Tinder matches you with people who are nearby. Chicagoans are notorious for dating fellow city dwellers and not giving a chance to singles living in the suburbs. Just because they live 10 or 15 miles away doesn’t mean a relationship won’t work. You may be missing out on an awesome person just because of distance that can be overcome.