The Chicago Food + Wine Festival announced its line-up of cooking demos and wine and cocktail seminars for the August 28-30 event in Lincoln Park. There are lots of special events each day, and here's where you'll find us:
Saturday, August 29:
• Tony Mantuano (Spiaggia) and wine pro Cathy Mantuano will prepare tomato dishes and offer wine pairing advice.
• Stephanie Izard (Girl & the Goat) will serve up a preview of her forthcoming Duck Duck Goat.
• Drink up with sommeliers Rachael Lowe (Spiaggia) and Steven Morgan (Formento’s) and wine pro Arthur Hon (Sepia) as they take you through Italian wines.
Sunday, August 30:
• You'll probably need this one Sunday morning—Violet Hour's Eden Laurin will teach you about hangover cures.
• Los Angeles chefs Ludo Lefebvre (Petit Trois, Trois Mec, Ludo Bird) and Vinny Dotolo & Jon Shook (Animal, Trois Mec, Petit Trois, Son of a Gun) will cook potatoes three ways.
• Jimmy Bannos (Heaven on Seven) will mash up New Orleans comfort food and Greek cuisine during a demo.
• Oxford, Mississippi chef John Currence (City Grocery Restaurant Group) will share historic recipes and stories.
Check out the full line-up here.