Wrigley Field's menu for the 2016 season was released Thursday, and (surprise!) this year's selections are hot dog-heavy.
Hot Doug's returns to Wrigley bleachers after the quasi-defunct sausage slinger's inaugural season last year. According to the Tribune, the stand will once again be serving hot dogs named after Chicago Cubs legends, such as:
* Champ Summers: a spicy Polish sausage topped with beer mustard by Goose Island and fried onions
* Joe Wallis: a curry brat topped with dijonnaise, onions and smoked gouda cheese
* Barry Foote: a corned-beef hot dog topped with Russian dressing, shredded Swiss and sauerkraut
Sadly, these offerings will only be available in the bleachers. Also, the Barry Foote is not a foot-long dog.
The remainder of the food is provided by Levy Restaurants, which also handles concessions for the United Center. Fans can expect a cart of made-in-Wisconsin sausages in the general concession area by Gilbert's Craft Sausages. According to the Tribune, offerings will include:
* Caprese: chicken sausage, diced tomatoes, basil, mozzarella pearls and balsamic
* Aloha: chicken sausage, pineapple salsa, lime aioli, Cholula and potato chips
* Beef and Cheddar: smoked sausage, cheddar, mac and cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce
And the new items don't stop there. Tribune food critic Phil Vettel reports that the general concession area will also serve chicken waffle fries slathered in hot sauce with Chihuahua and blue cheeses, while the bleachers will offer up a smoked brisket or pulled pork sandwich (your choice), served with barbecue sauce and mac and cheese packed in an edible bread cone, dubbed the Grand Slam BBQ Twist.
Returning this year are crowd favorites such as the Joe Maddon Third Base Hoagie and the Northside Twist, a large pretzel with three different sauces.