1. Chicago’s Greatest Dives tour
The Chicago History Museum digs into the past of several dive bars during this trolley tour, while also teaching you the finer points of illicit throat-burners. Bars TBA at press time. Sat 21, 5–8pm. $30; tickets at 312-642-4600, chicagohistory.org.
2. Beer & Sausage atthe Map Room(1949 N Hoyne Ave, 773-252-7636)
Thoughtful pairings of encased meats and brews include a pork and lamb sausage with mint, coconut milk and garam masala paired with Founders Double Trouble imperial IPA. Tue 24, 6–9pm.
3. Death and DBL Deuces atSmall Bar Logan Square(2956 N Albany Ave, 773-509-9888)
Stone Brewing Co. of Escondido, California, and Three Floyds offer some rare 22-ounce bombers to the tunes of death metal and punk. May 26, 7pm–2am.
4. Origin of the 5 Rabbit atNational Museum of Mexican Art(1852 W 19th St, 773-738-1503)
Get a taste of 5 Rabbit, which touts itself as the first Latin microbrewery in the U.S., while checking out the museum’s galleries and munching on apps. May 26, 7–11pm; $35. Tickets at brownpapertickets.com/event/171420.
5. Beer Fistival atRevolution Brewing(2323 N Milwaukee Ave, 773-227-2739)
The week closes with a tasting of local beers from brewers such as Half Acre, Metropolitan, Revolution and more. May 27, 4–7pm, 8–11pm; $40.
Unless otherwise noted, events are free with $10 passport. More events and info at chibeerweek.com.