This renovated theater in the heart of Logan Square features an upgraded sound system, new screens and projectors, and perhaps best of all, a lobby bar and lounge that hosts events like live comedy and movie trivia. You'll find a diverse mix of second run studio movies and indie flicks in addition to a robust lineup of midnight screenings each weekend.
|Venue name:||Logan Theatre||Contact:|
2646 N Milwaukee Ave
|Cross street:||at Kedzie Ave|
|Transport:||El stop: Blue to Logan Square. Bus: 56, 76.|
|Price:||$8.50, kids (12 and under) $6.50, students and seniors $7.50, matinee $6.50|
|Do you own this business?|
- Is there a film clip more often shown than the title number of this most astoundingly popular musical? The rest of the movie is great too. It shouldn't be. There never was a masterpiece created from such a mishmash of elements: Arthur Freed's favo...Read more
- With one obvious exception, toy stories don’t have the luckiest big-screen pedigree: The results are often either sugary cartoons for undemanding kids or noisy blockbusters for brain-dead teens. If the producers of The LEGO Movie had taken either ...Read more
- M. Night Shyamalan still takes himself enormously seriously, as if none of the flops after 1999’s The Sixth Sense ever happened. The guy has impressive powers of compartmentalization—he obviously still thinks of himself as an inspired wunderkind—w...Read more
- One major misjudgment can sink an entire film. Lion is based on the true story of Saroo Brierley (played as a child by Sunny Pawer, then as an adult by Dev Patel), an Indian boy who stepped onto the wrong train at age five, was carried half way ac...Read more
- As inspiring as rockets’ red glare heading into space, this huge-hearted crowd-pleaser has a sophisticated idea running through it: By and large, busy scientists don’t have time for racism or sexism. The idea proved true in reality at Virginia’s L...Read more
Pick a dateto
Things to do
Cinema comes to life offscreen via this monthly live storytelling show inspired by the silver screen. Storytellers tell nonfiction tales about movies that have changed their lives, punctuated by musical guests, a short debate segment and clips from the...Film events Wednesday March 8 2017 - Wednesday June 14 2017 Free
Head to Logan Theatre for two days of learning everything you could learn about cocktails from Chicago's top bartenders. Whether you're in the industry and want to take a fun class or just want to up your home bartending skills, there's something for...Sunday April 2 2017 - Monday April 3 2017
Average User Rating
4.6 / 5
- 5 star:4
- 4 star:3
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
This theatre is great! Terrific movies, very clean and updated inside, plus you can bring your drinks in!! What more could you want??
Beer and a movie? Yes, please. Great renovations. Friendly staff. Nicely priced beer. Cheap movies. Perfect place to watch Chicago teams win...(maybe).
This is the perfect place to stop in and see a movie by yourself or on a date. The beer selection is great at the bar and the best part is, you don't even have to see a film to hang out. The bar (and concession stand) is open to moviegoers and the public alike. If you're a film buff you can try their trivia nights—they don't disappoint.
I live down the street from the Logan Theatre, and it's a fabulous thing to have nearby. Matinees go for $6.50, makes for a perfect way to waste away your hungover Sunday at the cinema. There's also a bar with a solid variety of drinks, so you don't even have to be sober for the flick.
I love Logan Theatre. This throwback movie theater has everything you want in an old venue, except it's also clean, inviting and in working order! I love all the old movie posters and art on the walls. You can order drinks at the bar before the feature film too. I'd also recommend the theater's movie trivia night, Tuesdays at 8pm. It gets packed early, but it's so much fun. The host is great, the questions are tricky, and everyone has a good time. Great crowd! Oh, and there's typically an old film screening in the background during trivia too. So much fun!