This renovated theater in the heart of Logan Square features an upgraded sound system, new screens and projectors, and perhaps best of all, a lobby bar and lounge that hosts events like live comedy and movie trivia. You'll find a diverse mix of second run studio movies and indie flicks in addition to a robust lineup of midnight screenings each weekend.
|Venue name:||Logan Theatre|
2646 N Milwaukee Ave
|Cross street:||at Kedzie Ave|
|Transport:||El stop: Blue to Logan Square. Bus: 56, 76.|
|Price:||$8.50, kids (12 and under) $6.50, students and seniors $7.50, matinee $6.50|
|Do you own this business?|
- Has J.K. Rowling been taking divination lessons at Hogwarts? With spooky clairvoyance, the first movie in her new five-film wizarding franchise opens with two U.S. political factions at each other’s throats. No, not Republicans and Democrats. It’s...Read more
- The first Fantastic Beasts had a lot of heavy lifting to do. It needed to establish a world connected to the Harry Potter universe, but also one that was self-contained. It had to introduce several busloads of new characters and kick off a story c...Read more
- The afterlife has rarely been quiet for Queen frontman Freddie Mercury, who died young in 1991 after a flurry of creativity. First came Wayne’s World, with Mike Myers head-banging to Queen’s 1975 hit Bohemian Rhapsody. Then came a massive tribut...Read more
- Lisbeth Salander, your #MeToo moment has arrived: If ever there was a perfect time for the avenging hacker of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium series to make a rebooted comeback, it’s now. So call it a spectacular failure to read the room that the new a...Read more
- The Grinch is back, free of the grip of Jim Carrey, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch and, in Grinch terms, a bit less grinchy (ungrinchy?) than you might expect. Unlike the 2000 live-action Carrey movie, this new spin on the Dr. Seuss tale is comput...Read more
Average User Rating
4.6 / 5
- 5 star:5
- 4 star:3
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
This theatre is great! Terrific movies, very clean and updated inside, plus you can bring your drinks in!! What more could you want??
Beer and a movie? Yes, please. Great renovations. Friendly staff. Nicely priced beer. Cheap movies. Perfect place to watch Chicago teams win...(maybe).
This is the perfect place to stop in and see a movie by yourself or on a date. The beer selection is great at the bar and the best part is, you don't even have to see a film to hang out. The bar (and concession stand) is open to moviegoers and the public alike. If you're a film buff you can try their trivia nights—they don't disappoint.
I love Logan Theatre. This throwback movie theater has everything you want in an old venue, except it's also clean, inviting and in working order! I love all the old movie posters and art on the walls. You can order drinks at the bar before the feature film too. I'd also recommend the theater's movie trivia night, Tuesdays at 8pm. It gets packed early, but it's so much fun. The host is great, the questions are tricky, and everyone has a good time. Great crowd! Oh, and there's typically an old film screening in the background during trivia too. So much fun!