Look, you are an American. You can name guys who ride pine in the NFL, but the leading goal scorers in La Liga are likely a complete mystery to you. Sure, there are those Beckham, Ronaldho and Messi dudes—the underwear and razor models—better known for their hot bods and celebrity status than their dribbling skills.
A summer festival bill isn't much different to the casual music fan. Sure, everyone knows the headliners, but when you get to the bottom of the optometry chart, the acts can even leave professional critics scratching their heads. (Confession: I had no clue who Crass Mammoth and Cardiknox were on the Lollapalooza lineup, and I'm a music writer.)
But let's say you're a futbol junkie, who just so happens to devour every word on Pitchfork. We're betting you'll still flop harder than an Italian midfielder on some of these.
You can find all these acts at one of Chicago's summer music festivals this summer. Listen to them (or cheat, you cheater) with our Spotify mix.
RECOMMENDED: Find bars for cheering with our 2014 World Cup watching guide
You might also like
- EDM is taking over the Chicago festival season
- Grant Park Music Festival: Ryan Opera Center at Millennium Park, Pritzker Pavilion | Classical preview
- The teens of High Street know how to rock a crowd
- Ranking every Lollapalooza lineup from 2005 to today
- 101 things to do in Chicago: music and nightlife