Though we hate to state the expected, we have to admit it: This homey place is pretty damn lovely. Filled with vintage tables and knickknacks, this bakery turns out everything from cakey, star-shaped muffins to flaky pain au chocolat, and the pastries are just as delicious as they could be. And the brownies? Tinged with crème fraîche and dark chocolate, they’re some of the most serious and decadent we’ve ever had.
Lovely: A Bake Shop (CLOSED)
Time Out says
- 1130 N Milwaukee Ave
- Cross street:
- between Thomas St and Haddon Ave
- El stop: Blue to Division. Bus: 9, 56, 70.
- Average baked good: $2.50
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 7am–7pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 9am–4pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video