The eight-year-old Idle Muse Theatre Company has announced two productions for its upcoming 2014–15 season.
The company will mount Jeffrey Hatcher's 2008 adaptation of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (September 18–October 19). Nathan Pease directs the adaptation, previously seen in Chicago productions by Northlight Theatre in 2008 and Theatre-Hikes in 2010.
Evan Jackson will direct Christopher Hampton's The Talking Cure, about Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung and the woman who caused a rift between them. Hampton's 2002 play was the basis for the 2011 David Cronenberg film A Dangerous Method. Both Idle Muse productions will be staged at Rivendell Theatre.
You might also like
- Hey, NYC and L.A., check out these $2,000 Chicago apartments
- The First Wives Club musical to premiere at Oriental Theatre
- A Red Orchid Theatre announces 2014-15 season
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater reveals partial season for 2014-15
- Former Elizabeth chef launches Buttermilk, a bento box delivery service