At the 2021 Great Taste Awards, five kinds of cheese by Gligora Sirana were awarded. Gligora is one of the five Croatian representatives that won prizes at the competition this year.
The annual awards, administered by the UK's Guild of Fine Food and judged by a 355-judge panel, attracted more than 14,000 entries. Less than 2% of them received the best rating, which is a three-star rating. Two-star awards were given for 1,138 products, and 4,027 received a one-star rating.
Gligora's five award-winning cheeses are:
- Extra-Old Pag Cheese extra old (Paški sir ekstra stari)
- Likotin Ripened in Cherry Maraska (Likotin dozreo u višnji maraski)
- Kozlar from Olive Pomace (Kozlar iz komine masline) - two stars
- Pag Cheese (Paški sir) - one star
- Težački Cheese from Grape Juice (Težački sir iz vinskog mošta) - one star
"Attractive, aged cheese with good contrast between cheese crust and dough. A well-groomed cheese that manifests itself in nutty, sweet, sour and flavours and caramel notes that lead to the pleasant acidity typical of sheep cheese of this age. The cheese we want to eat!" - One of the judges stated about the Extra-Old Pag Cheese, per Gligora's website.
Gligora stated, in a press release, "We are extremely pleased with the awards, and we hope that this is an award overture because three more competitions are coming up that should additionally confirm our effort, dedication, and quality of work."