The Church of Our Lady Delorita

Things to do Orebic
Church of Our Lady Delorita
© Tourist Board Orebić

Located just outside the village of Kuna, mid-way between Orebić and Trpanj, the large three-aisled monastery Church of Our Lady Delorita was built between 1715 and 1772, when the fine balustrade bell-tower was completed. The gilded Baroque statue of the Virgin on the high altar dates from the same periodThe side altar on the left-hand side contains a painting of St John the Baptist by Mato Celestin Medović (1857-1920), the locally-born painter and lapsed Franciscan monk who travelled the artistic centres of Europe before retiring to the rustic calm of his home village.  


Venue name: The Church of Our Lady Delorita

Static map showing venue location