The original monastery of Graça was built in 1271 and completed with an image of Nossa Senhora da Graça (Our Lady of Grace), salvaged from the sea off Cascais that same year. Renovated in the mid 16th century, most of the church fell in the 1755 earthquake. The later renovation reduced three naves to one, and removed much austere marble in favour of rococo decoration. During Lent, the church organises the Senhor dos Passos procession.
|Venue name:||Igreja da Graça|
Lg da Graça
|Opening hours:||9.30am-12.30pm, 3-6pm Tue-Sat; 9.30am-12.30pm, 5-8pm Sun|
|Transport:||Bus 28E, 734|