|Venue name:||Igreja de Santa Catarina|
Cç do Combro, 82
|Opening hours:||9am-noon, 2-5pm daily|
The original religious foundation here dates from 1647, but it was remodelled after the 1755 Earthquake. The adjoining monastery is now a National Guard barracks, but the church is still in use and contains giltwork dating to the late 17th century, as well as a ceiling that's a masterpiece of 18th-century stucco in rococo style. Paintings on the side walls include works by Vieira Lusitano and André Gonçalves, two of Portugal's leading 18th-century artists.