Tucked away in the City, this latest addition to the Curzon boutique cinema chain is a sleek four-screener. Cinemagoers can sip cocktails in the mid-century-chic bar before heading to one of the neat and understated screening rooms and kicking back in a mustard-yellow reclining seat. It’s a little bit ‘Mad Men’ and we love it.
|Venue name:||Curzon Aldgate|
Goodman's Fields, 2 Canter Way
|Transport:||Tube: Aldgate East/Aldgate|
|Do you own this business?|
- Taking the old-fashioned highs of an MGM musical and pairing them with the deep lows of an addiction drama, ‘Rocketman’ is a turbo-charged rock fantasia that pushes hard against the boundaries of the medium as it zips through the first four decade...Read more
- As unicorn-rare as studio political comedies are, it’s tempting to give the aptly titled Long Shot a pass, until you realize it’s not saying much of anything. The setup has a topicality that already feels a few years outdated: Bob Odenkirk plays...Read more
- it feels superficial to compare ‘Beats’ to ‘Trainspotting’: it’s Scottish, it’s the mid-’90s, it’s young tearaways, it’s drugs. But it’s the sensory impact too – ‘Beats’ bottles a very similar brand of lightning to Danny Boyle’s film, consistently...Read more
- Review by Joshua Rothkopf Arriving with the momentum that only 21 previous global blockbusters can provide, ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is the multiplex-rattling and curiously emotional culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – at least until the ...Read more
- You’d have expected footage of a peak Aretha Franklin powerfully singing gospel to be protected at all costs. However, the singer’s intimate 1972 show, filmed over two days at a Baptist church in the Watts neighbourhood in Los Angeles, was fumbled...Read more
- ‘Prepare for war,’ someone who knows Latin will tell you, if you ask about that subtitle, though it’s hardly necessary intel: In these gloriously dumb – but remarkably well-staged –gun-fu movies, the war is already here and it lasts the entire fil...Read more
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...