Tucked away in the City, this latest addition to the Curzon boutique cinema chain is a sleek four-screener. Cinemagoers can sip cocktails in the mid-century-chic bar before heading to one of the neat and understated screening rooms and kicking back in a mustard-yellow reclining seat. It’s a little bit ‘Mad Men’ and we love it.
|Venue name:||Curzon Aldgate|
Goodman's Fields, 2 Canter Way
|Transport:||Tube: Aldgate East/Aldgate|
|Do you own this business?|
- There’s a lot that’s mind-bendingly corny about director Danny Boyle and writer Richard Curtis’s ‘Yesterday’, a peppy ‘what-if?’ musical comedy that imagines a world in which the Beatles never existed. Your ability to spend time in its big-hearted...Read more
- Review by Joshua Rothkopf Unusually for a horror director, Ari Aster knows the real world is awful enough. Life doles out plenty of pain. ‘Hereditary’, his 2018 feature debut and one of the scariest movies in a decade, basically went: My grief ov...Read more
- A languid, undercooked-feeling affair, writer-director Jim Jarmusch’s playful stab at the zombie movie returns the genre to the backwoods America of George Romero’s seminal ‘Night of the Living Dead’ and gives it a half-meta reworking. It sprinkle...Read more
- Turns out, Pixar’s sentient toys can still make us cry: Nearly 25 years after their cinematic debut, the sweetly selfless plastic pals return in a fourth ‘Toy Story’, one charged by the animated series’ thematic essence of finding purpose in being...Read more
- ‘I didn’t think I would have to save the world this summer,’ says a near-terrified Peter Parker (Tom Holland, still charmingly dorky) near the front end of ‘Spider-Man: Far from Home’. Little more than two months have passed since ‘Avengers: Endga...Read more
- Something is off about this defiantly unmagical remake of ‘The Lion King’, a film that is both photorealistic – down to every artfully crafted lens flare and whisker on Simba’s chin – and about the furthest imaginable thing from real. It’ll either...Read more
Snap up exclusive discounts in London
Time Out's handpicked deals — hurry, they won't be around for long...