Tom Quaye's photographs of Manchester
Behind the lens
‘I use a Canon 60D and an 18-55mm lens.
'I have lived in Manchester all my life and have been documenting the city through photography for the last four years now. I love Manchester and like to think I can help others appreciate the majesty of this place through these pictures. I tend not to think about themes before shooting but there is an on going narrative of solitude in my photos. I like to shoot at night or very early in the morning when you can focus on the architecture of the city before it is overrun with traffic.
'These images, I hope, best reflect the beauty of Manchester.’
You might also like...
You might also like
- 27 achingly cool pictures of Manchester's architecture
- Art exhibitions in Manchester
- Behind the lens: 25 photos reflecting Manchester by Lee Baxter
- Behind the lens: 29 photographs of Manchester audiences and singers by Simon Bowcock
- Five romantic paintings at Manchester Art Gallery for Valentine's Day