If you enjoyed making Disney World’s chocolate chip cookies, you’ll really dig the latest recipe to leave the vault: cookie fries.
The long, crunchy dessert sticks—which resemble biscotti in texture and shape—are usually accompanied by three plant-based dipping sauces: marshmallow cream, chocolate and strawberry. If you’re wondering whether the fact that they’re vegan makes them any less tasty, we can confirm they’re downright delicious.
Cookie fries are one of the hundreds of plant-based dishes Walt Disney World Resort is introducing across its restaurants. Normally, you’d find them at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. But until then, you can satisfy your craving for crunchy, wholesome sweets at home with the recipe below.
Disney World’s Plant-Based Cookie Fries
Makes 32 fries
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Notes: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.