We like to think of chocolate chip cookie recipes as the gateway drug to the addictive world of lockdown baking. Most are fairly simple, require few ingredients and, once executed, give us the confidence boost we need to tackle sourdough, banana bread and other viral cooking trends.
Today we’re dealing you the grade-A, real-deal good stuff: Disney World’s chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s for the same confection sold at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Orlando. If you haven’t had the pleasure of staying at the luxurious property, you might recognize it from hit sitcoms like Full House and Family Matters. It’s also home to a beautiful, Victorian-style café, which is where you’ll find these special cookies. The best part: they only call for nine ingredients so most of what you’ll need for them is likely already in your fridge and pantry.
This recipe follows a string of other big reveals on behalf of the Disney Parks blog, including how to make the iconic Dole Whip, the beloved churros and Hollywood Studio’s yummy grilled three-cheese sandwich. Now if someone would tell us how to make Epcot’s boozy Citron Slush, we might stand a chance against this record heat.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of the bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.