Parents love to use Elf on the Shelf as a bargaining tool for good behavior during the holidays, and we can't get enough of the creative set-ups that parents come up with. But sometimes the Elf's mischevious tendencies rub off on Mom and Dad, and the Elf on the Shelf ideas get a little silly! While there are still plenty of powdered-sugar snow angels and marshmallow snowball fights going on, some elves are getting a bit of abuse from clever parents. Check out some of the sticky situations they got him into below!
Do you have a hilarious idea that we need to see? Send us photos at firstname.lastname@example.org with ELF ON THE SHELF in the headline plus your name, borough and a little description of the scenario for a chance to be featured! Don't forget to check out our last-minute suggestions for holiday gifts for kids and read a few Christmas books for kids before bedtime on Christmas Eve!
Forced him to clean up after Santa's reindeer
Pressured him into joining the Dark Side
Let the Abominable Snowman babysit
Tortured him with Bon Jovi's Christmas album...on repeat
Let him fall into Kitty's clutches
Allowed a play date with Buzz Lightyear to get out of hand
Made him learn Drake's awful dance moves
Forgot to lock the liquor cabinet
Left him unsupervised with some evil villains
You might also like
- Enjoy breakfast with Santa in New York City
- Parenting Fails: The funniest parenting blunders from NYC families (April 2)
- Parenting Fails: The funniest parenting blunders from NYC families (February 17)
- Parenting Fails: The funniest parenting blunders from NYC families (February)
- What are the most popular baby names of 2015?