Public parks and gardens are pretty darn great. Just think about it: enormous places to look at flowers, enjoy nature or simply chill out and watch the world go by – all open to everyone and (much of the time) free.
If you’ve ever wondered which of all the public gardens in the world are the most beautiful, well, today’s your lucky day. A study from air purifier company HouseFresh has looked at TripAdvisor reviews for nearly 1,000 gardens, counted the number of times each attraction was described as ‘beautiful’ and then ranked ‘em all.
According to the study, the most beautiful public park in the world is… Gardens by the Bay in Singapore! And it’s no wonder, really: with its enormous man-made trees, high walkways and millions of different plant species, the hyper-futuristic Gardens By the Bay is totally spectacular. A whopping 12,385 reviews apparently said it was ‘beautiful’.
Next on the list is the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, with 8,187 reviews mentioning ‘beautiful’, followed by Paris’ Luxembourg Gardens, with 6,818 mentions. The highest-placed British park in the list was London’s Kew Gardens at twelfth, while best in the USA was the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden in Las Vegas, which came fourth.
Here is the full top 10 list of most beautiful public gardens in the world, according to the study.
1. Gardens by the Bay, Singapore (12,385 mentions of ‘beautiful’)
2. Jardin Majorelle, Marrakech (8,187)
3. Luxembourg Gardens, Paris (6,818)
4. Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden, Las Vegas (5,706)
5. The Butchart Gardens, Vancouver (5,022)
6. Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth (4,451)
7. Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen (3,806)
8. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town (3,444)
9. Keukenhof, Netherlands (2,719)
10. Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Christchurch (2,691)
If you’d like to find out more about HouseFresh’s study, you can read the full thing here.
Did you see that these are the best places in the world, according to Time magazine?