Two big-name artists just announced gigs at Madison Square Garden. Stevie Wonder, who last toured the US in 2009, visits town for a show at Madison Square Garden on November 6. That gig will present a "live adaptation" of the Wonderman's landmark 1976 double LP, Songs in the Key of Life. Tickets go on sale Monday, September 22 at 10 am.
Then, pop singer Ariana Grande ("mini Mariah," if you will) rolls through town on the heels of her latest LP, My Everything, to play MSG on March 20. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Sept 20 at 2pm.
We've collected five reasons you should get amped up about both shows.
5. Stevie: The unimpeachable majesty of Songs in the Key's side-three opener "Isn't She Lovely"
4. Ariana: Saxy jam "Problem" wasn't the "Song of the Summer" ("Fancy" won the crown by default), but it's still pretty damn catchy.
3. Stevie: Keytar solo—need we say more?
2. Ariana: The "Lady Marmalade"–esque charms of diva tag-team track "Bang Bang"
1. Stevie: You know it; you love it: "Sir Duke"